EZIO8SA with 2413S PLM 2011-09-17T22:41:16+00:00

HOME Forums Input/Output EZIOxx EZIO8SA with 2413S PLM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #40315 |

I am using an EZIO8SA with a 2413S PLM and I know I need an external DC power supply but I can’t find the specs for it. I had a 9V supply around, 800mA, and when I used it some of the relays worked but others did not. I also have a 15V supply available and tried that. More of the relays functioned but not all. (I’m not using any of the inputs). Nothing changed between the two tests so I’m assuming I used the wrong power supply. I don’t think it matters but I’m using an ISY99 controller. Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

I tested my EZIO8SA with a Xantach Model 781ERGPS which supplies 12V DC @ 500 mA. All 8 relays energized. There is a known problem with relays 7 & 8 being reversed. Relay 8 turns On in response to a relay 7 On command and Relay 7 turns On in response to a relay 8 command to turn On. The workaround is to reverse the relay 7 & 8 connections.

I’m a little surprised the 9V DC 800 mA supply did not work. How are the relay responses being verified?

Anonymous

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=721

My EZIO8SA has 12 volt relays in it. So 9 volt power may cause intermittent relays.

Since the 2412S PLMs power was raw 12 volts. It could easily have been higher.

Anonymous

The relays are connected to garage doors so the response is obvious. I am sending a 3 second pulse to the garage door opener. The relays are de-energized by a program in the ISY.

Anonymous

A 9V DC supply is rarely 9Vs. They usually always run higher than spec’ed. Does the ISY Event Viewer show the EZIO8SA ACKed the command to turn On the relay? I am wondering if the distance to the garage or the various devices in a garage are interfering with command execution.

Anonymous

I put the 15 VDC supply back and everything is working great. I think the 9 VDC supply may have been on the hairy edge and that coupled with not knowing about the problem with relay 7 and 8 being reversed left me confused.

It’s very frustrating that the companies involved, Simple Home Net and SmartHome, don’t bother or don’t care to publish errata sheets when problems like these arise. I wasted a ridiculous amount of time chasing this problem. How do they get away with it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.