EZIO8SA External Power Requirements? 2010-01-17T12:01:41+00:00

HOME Forums Input/Output EZIOxx EZIO8SA External Power Requirements?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    #40241 |

My EZIO8SA has an external power supply connector. Marked 9-18 Volts.
    What current rating is needed?
    Is the center pin positive?

Reason I am asking is Smarthome is now listing the 2412S Serial PLM ;that supplies power to the EZIO8SA as being discontinued. Though still available if you search hard enough.

The 2412S is no longer on the sales pages directly. If you search for the keyword 2412S it takes you to the Discontinued Products Page. There are still active links in the 2412U,2413U and 2413S pages to the 2412S and for now it is still showing In Stock.

The 2413S Dual Mesh PLM they are recommending does not provide power on the interface connector so an external one is going to be needed and some of us may want to try their EZIO8SA with a 2413S.

Anonymous

The label on my EZIO8SA indicates 12DC 200ma from PLM or External Supply. The center pin is positive.

Anonymous

Thank you for the information. Later EZIO8SA units must have a updated label. Mine is near the first batch released.

Anonymous

Sounds like it. If you do test a 2413S with the EZIO8SA post the results. I had not given any thought to the EZIO8SA requiring the PLM 12V power even after you posted the same point with the ISY devices. I ordered a Dual-Mesh PLM today and will test with my EZIO8SA when it arrives. Thanks for the heads up.

Anonymous

If I get a 2413S. I will try it with my EZIO8SA.
    I looked at mine again and the power connector is marked 9-18 volts.
    I then saw the 12 volts 200ma marked on the main label. 😳

My EZIO8SA [actually have a few] are all firmware 14 or 15. The supplied PLMs are firmware 24. I see on the Simplehomenet web site they have an update selection for the EZIO8SA. I may look into that option.

Thanks again for the fast reply.

Anonymous

I have successfully connected my EZIO8SA to a 2413S Serial PLM Dual Band using a Xantech 781ERGPS +12VDC 0.5A power supply connected to the EZIO8SA. I have done Set button links to confirm the EZIO8SA will communicate with a Dual Band PLM. Also used the SHN Utility EZIOxx tab to access the EZIO8SA Configuration Register and Input states as well as using the Manage Device Links tab to access the Dual Band PLM link database using the Links Database Size: Large option.

Anonymous

Thanks for the update on the 2413S and the EZIO8SA.

Anonymous

Based on Smarthome forum posts Universal Devices is recommending against using a 2413S with their ISY device due to poor performance in handling commands. Seems like multiple attempts are necessary to get a command executed and ACKed. My test with the EZIO8SA was fine but may not have been extensive enough to surface the problems the ISY device is seeing. Suggests staying with an original 2412S PLM is the better choice for now.

Anonymous

Yes I saw that in the ISY Forums.
    Seems Smarthome has changed the 2412S back to available. For a week or so a search for the 2412S Serial PLM got you to the Discontinued Products Page of their web site. The 2413S was the recommended replacement.

Anonymous

Post on Smarthome forum by slee (smarthome rep) acknowledges the drop of the original 2412 PLM and that the decision has been reversed. Smarthome will carry both the 2412 PLM and 2413 Dual Band PLM.

Anonymous

That was a wise change of mind.
    The older 2412S works much better with some controllers.

Anonymous

Don’t use less than 100 mA, and yes, the center pin is positive. Also, you can still find the 2412S in our store in the Servers/Controllers section.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.