EZIO6I Analog Ports not working 2012-05-29T18:03:22+00:00

HOME Forums Input/Output EZIOxx EZIO6I Analog Ports not working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • ddejager
    #40338 |

I have an EZIO6I and cannot get the analog ports to work properly. I’m trying to use them as digital inputs. I also have an EZIO2x4 and am able to get the analog ports on that device to work properly as digital inputs.

I created a resistor voltage divider using the 12v supply on on the EZIO6I so that the measured input voltage is either 4.3 volts when the door contacts are open or is .2 volts when the door contacts are closed. No change is reported by the EZIO6I when the contacts open or close. I also tested with the SHN_utility suite with the same result. I tried a factory reset and it still did not work.

I bridged the analog inputs from the EZIO6I to the analog inputs of my EZIO2x4 and also bridged the ground. This results in exactly the same voltage being applied to both the EZIO6I and the EZIO2x4 analog inputs. In this case the EZIO2x4 does properly report the door open and closed, but the EZIO6I still does not.

I cannot figure out what else to try. Is it possible that my EZIO6I is defective?

Being that you can get things working in the exact same configuration on the EZIO2x4 and not on your EZIO6I, it seems that there could be a defect.

I’ll contact you to discuss further and see if we need to set up an RMA.

If you find the replacement with the same response, the dry contact closure should bring the Input down to EZIO6I GND, not 0.2.

After returning my EZIO6I for repair or replacment I was told by Simplehomenet via an email:

I’ve tested your EZIO and it appears that the EZIO6I and EZIO8SA don’t work in digital mode anymore, but it’ll be a while before our engineers can find out why.

When I inquired about this further to make sure that I understood that the two analog ports did not work in the default digital mode, I was told:

You can use all 6 inputs with no issue, you’ll just need to know where to set the trip points for the analog inputs. You can set the trip points with the SHN Utility software, which will need an interface with the computer (SmartLabs PLM, PLC or SimpleHomeNet EZIComm)

This will most likely not be fixed since the functionality can be accomplished by setting the inputs in analog mode and setting trip points.

So I’m now going to program the EZIO6I in analog mode and see if that will work as described. Of course it means I need to take my ISY offline to borrow the PLM since you need a PLM or a PLC to program the EZIO6I via the SHN Utility Suite software.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.