EZIO2X4 Sending OFF Commands To Group FF Forever 2008-02-14T22:47:23+00:00

HOME Forums Input/Output EZIOxx EZIO2X4 Sending OFF Commands To Group FF Forever

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    #39864 |

Linked Keypadlinc button to Input 1 of 2X4. Turning on Input 1 turns on Keypadlinc button LED even though the group number FF is in the ON (11) broadcast command rather than group 1. Turning off Input 1 results in an OFF (13) broadcast command with the group number FF, followed a few seconds later by a group cleanup with group number FF. This sequence repeats forever, until I turn power off to 2X4. I did a factory reset of the 2X4, used the SHN Utility 1.6 to add a link record to 2X4 with group 1 but the same OFF command sequence occurs (group FF), repeated forever. When I connect to 2X4 using SHN 1.6, it shows V14 as the level of the 2X4. Repeated the linking sequence many times (using device linking and/or adding link records through SHN 1.6) with the same results ever time. I saw an entry in the forum that mentioned V14 as being old and possibly having problems. Would level 1.4 account for the repeated group broadcast, group cleanup sequence with a group number of FF. The 2X4 inputs and outputs work correctly when querying the 2X4 using the SHN 1.6 Utility before linking to the Keypadlinc device. I have two 2x4s, both at 1.4, and they both produce the repeated OFF command sequence with group number FF.

Anonymous

Using the SHN 1.6 Utility, “Read” Settings for Insteon All_Link Group Commands function, the Group number from 0x40 (Input 1 Group number) is 0xFF. The SHN Utility displays a 25 (displays only 2 digits) for the Group value but the trace shows a 0xFF being returned from location 0x40. Using the “Write” function I changed the group number for Input 1 to 0x01 and confirmed that 0x40 was changed to 0x01 by doing a subsequent “Read”. Unfortunately the yellow “Save Changes” button caused the value of location 0x40 to be changed back to 0xFF. Changed the Group number for Input 1 back to 0x01 with a “Write” (confirmed with a subsequent “Read”) and tried to link Keypadlink button 5 to the 2X4 (without doing a “Save Changes”). Same situation, continuous 13 commands with group number 0xFF issued to the Keypadlinc device and a “Read” of Input 1 information shows the Group number for Input 1 has been changed back to a 0xFF. Something in the linking process must have changed the group number for Input 1 back to 0xFF. Turning off the 2X4 is the only way to stop the flow of 13 commands from the 2X4. When power is returned to the 2X4, the command 13 sequence picks up again. Only way I have found to stop the flow of commands from the 2X4 is to do a factory reset on power up of 2X4. Various combinatiions using the Set button has no affect in stopping the command flow from the 2X4. Sure hope someone has an idea of where to go from here.

Anonymous

Do you happen to know the KPLs Firmware Revision?
    I know that 1.5 and above act differently than the older ones.

Anonymous

The case of the EZIO2X4 has V1.1 0293, 2662PL 0651, 0703 PLM Firm 2.4. The SHN Utility Suite V1.6 under the EZIOxx tab shows “Connected V14” to the right of the xx.xx.xx address. The 0x14 value is what is returned from the peek of location 0x48.

Anonymous

Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the KeyPadLinc itself. Newer ones have been acting differently than older ones. Both Smarthomes HouseLinc Desktop and UDIs ISY-26 or ISY-99 have had problems with KPLs with 1.5 and 1.6 firmware. I am not sure if 1.63 fixed things.

Anonymous

Thanks for your post and sorry for my wrong device information. The KPL information from the labels is V1.4 2335, 2486D 0643, and from Houselinc Desktop “Properties”, Firm 41 (2.9). After a factory reset on the 2X4 I tried linking Input 1 on the 2X4 to a Lamplinc using the Set button technique so no software was involved in the linking process and got the same results. The Lamplinc did establish a link for the 2X4 and the 2X4 does have a link for the Lamplinc but the 2X4 went into the same Group Broadcast/Group Cleanup Direct message sequence for Group FF that can only be stopped by powering the 2X4 off. The Lamplinc information from the labels is V2.6 4613, 0644 Rev 2.7, and from Houselinc Desktop “Properties”. Firm 40 (2.8). I ordered a new EZIO2X4 last week. Plan is to check the level of the new one and query the device information before trying any configuration changes or linking. Could not think of anything else to try. Any new ideas would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Received my new EZIO2X4 today and have successfully linked I1,I2,I3,O1 & O2 to buttons on the same KeypadLinc that I could not link to my older two EZIO2X4 input functions. I did not try linking to the 2 outputs on my older EZIO2X4s during these tests. The outputs had been working in a different configuration so I expect they are still working. Will see if I can return my older 2X4s and get them updated with the latest firmware.

Do have 1 problem with the new 2X4 however. Cannot link to I4. When I press the set button 4 times followed by a 3/4 second set button press, the LED turns on solid bright rather than the 1 second blinking bright that normally happens in linking mode. I actually did get I4 linked once but the Set button sequence is unknown as I was trying to get it out of the solid bright LED situation when it started to flash as though in linking mode so I did the KeypadLinc end of the link and it took but I lost my O1,O2 links somewhere along the way. Restored the O1,O2 links but the I3 & I4 links were gone, which may have gone away at the same time I lost O1,O2. Have gotten the new 2X4 back to I1,I2,I3,O1&O2 links established and have a solid bright LED after trying to link to I4 again. All of this has been done using the Set button on the 2X4 and the buttons on the KeypadLinc. Have not started HouseLinc Desktop nor the SHN 1.6 Utility Suite as yet.

Next step is to bring up SHN 1.6 and query the link database on both the 2X4 and the KeypadLinc and see what they look like.

There is a problem with the link manager on this new 2X4 when the group number of the input (ex I3 is group 3) and the group number established by the controller of the output (ex KeypadLinc button C/3 is group 3 controlling O1). Will open a new forum entry for this containing more detail and what I did to get around the situation.

Anonymous

I had the same problem with I4 on one of my units. Another unit worked fine. Since I didn’t need I4 on that particular unit, I just mentioned it to Al and otherwise ignored it. SHN is really good about RMAing bad units, so if you need I4 to work, give them a call.

Anonymous

Thanks for the input. Tried multiple times and have not gotten I4 to link. Thought I had but it turns out that there is a linking issue when the group number of the controller of Output 1/2 overlaps with Group 1/2/3/4 used when establishing links for I1/I2/I3/I4, followed by links for O1/O2. I tried to set Button C (Button 3, which is group 3 on Keypadlinc) as the controller for O1, after setting Buttons E/F/G (buttons 5/6/7 on Keypadlinc) to be controlled by I1/I2/I3. When I did that link record 3 in the 2X4 for I3 was changed from a “Controller of” to a “Responder of” in the link database, in addition to adding the correct new link record 4 as “Responder of” for the link to Button C. With I3 in the 2X4 as Group 3, and Button C in the Keypadlinc also being Group 3, the link manager in the 2X4 got confused. Should have left link record 3 “Controller of” for I3 group 3 in the 2X4 alone, and just add a “Responder of” for group 3 for the Keypadlinc button 3. I have a much better explanation written that I will use to add a new topic under EZIOxx.

I agree completely regarding Al and the other folks at Simplehomenet. My experience over the last year or so has been nothing but positive when it comes to solving problems or answering questions. I sent an email to “support” to see if I can get my old 2X4’s updated with the lastest firmware. If I can’t find some way to get I4 set I may have to RMA this one, or maybe just use one of the other 2X4s if I can get them to a point where I can link to them. I think I can bypass the group number conflict by changing the order of the Keypadlinc buttons I plan on using to respond to the inputs and control the outputs. Tried setting new group numbers for the I1/I2/I3/I4 inputs (using 9/10/11/12) but they went back to the normal group 1/2/3/4 as each Ix link was established. Even after doing a yellow button save changes button in SHN 1.6 after setting the input group numbers to 9/10/11/12.

Anonymous

Thank you for the positive comments but let’s resolve the I4 / group conflict issue. WHat is the PLM revision on the back of the unit (FIRM legend on small sticker)? We’ve had our share of issues with various combinations of our firmware.

As always, we are more than happy to reflash them for you. Please give us a call if the support e-mail is not answered promptly.

Al

Anonymous

The new EZIO2X4 that I cannot link to I4 has the following labels; v1.1 0777, 2662PL 0715, 2607Rev.1.3 FIRM 52. The SHN Utility Suite 1.6 shows “Connected V25” under the EZIOxx tab. The Peek of 0x48 (Firmware Version) returned 0x25.

Happy to provide the information. Working on this stuff is like eating peanuts. Once you start, you can’t stop.

Forgot to mention, the link record change is reproducable. I’ve done that sequence several times with the same results.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.