EZIO2X4 Not Updating Input Status To ISY994 2014-03-18T16:43:42+00:00

HOME Forums Input/Output EZIOxx EZIO2X4 Not Updating Input Status To ISY994

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    #40426 |

I’m running into an issue with EZIO2X4 (#5010D) not providing updates on changes in input status to ISY994, unless manually queried. The inputs are simple magnet switches on I1 and I2.

I have performed several factory resets via the button as well as from the Smartenit Utility Suite. I have also tried checking the “Broadcast on Status Change” on Input 1 and Input 2 to no avail.

I am also seeing a Record Mismatch between the Device Links Table and ISY Links Table on the last (5th?) record (see screen shot). Numerous factory resets of the EZIO2X4 and restoring in ISY has not eliminated the Record Mismatch. UDI support indicates the Record Mismatch problem could be the reason updates are not occurring in ISY and are indicative of a problem.

The only way I can get updates to occur is if I write an ISY program to continually query every second or so, but of course, this creates needless Insteon traffic. Is there something I am missing, or is there an issue with the EZIO (it is brand new, out of the box).

Thanks in advance for any assistance or pointing me in the right direction.

Joe

Anonymous

Hello Joe,

I just tested a brand new EZIO2X4 with the latest version firmware on the ISY (4.1.2) and was able to see status changes, so we know there is nothing wrong with compatibility in general.

Now, to understand what’s going on with your device…are you able to link an input to control any other INSTEON controller, like a light switch or lamp module?

Have you made sure to ground your analog inputs if you’re not using them, in case there might be so much traffic on the powerline right now that you’re not able to see the status changes.

Also, what do you have connected to the inputs and how are they connected?

That will help us determine if we’re able to get signal sent out from the EZIO2X4.

Thanks much!

Anonymous

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the quick response – we also spoke briefly yesterday – I appreciate it.

I haven’t tried linking as of yet, but I will test and let you know – though my intent is not so much being able to directly turn Insteon devices on of off, but more of a notification function in ISY.

I didn’t know I needed to ground the analog inputs, but I’ll definitely do that – thanks for the heads up!

My connection inputs are as follows:

+5V to I2+
    +5V to I1+

I2- to RED Magnetic Contact 1
    I1- to RED Magnetic Contact 2

GND to BLACK Magnetic Contact 1
    GND to BLACK Magnetic Contact 2

Also, is the record mismatch between the EZIO and ISY something I should be concerned about?

Thanks again so much for the quick response, I appreciate it.

Joe

Anonymous

Ahh okay,

Yes, the link to another INSTEON device was just to see if it can send out INSTEON.

Connections look good. I thought you mentioned that you had a really old EZIO2X4 though..? Maybe I’m confusing you with another customer.

Anyhow, try those analog ground connections and let me know that works.

Anonymous

Yes, I’m probably the guy with the “old” unit – just checked my Smarthome purchase history and I bought it back in February 2009… only pulled it out of the box now though, so it’s out-of-warranty. Is there some kind of internal battery that could’ve died from sitting so long, corrupting the firmware?

Also, keep in mind the EZIO does recognize changed to the sensor inputs – it’s just that I have to manually query to get the status to update (or write a program to repeatedly query).

I’ll post back with the results of linking and grounding. Thanks so much again for your insights!

Anonymous

Okay,

I do remember speaking with you.

There is no battery in the device, so nothing to worry about there.

Worst case, I might have to have you send it in with the repair service and see if I can get it to work with the ISY for ya. If there is any issue, it’ll most likely be in the PLM and you can purchase a new PLM from our website for $69.99. The $40 service charge can be applied to that as well, if it turns out you’d need a new one…so it’ll just be an extra $29.99.

Anonymous

That is extremely fair, thank you so much.

I tried linking several different Insteon devices to the EZIO and none responded to open/close changes in the EZIO sensor inputs. I confirmed the new links were in fact added to both the EZIO and linked devices. Device mismatches are still present, and always on the last record.

I was hoping querying the EZIO after would “kick” the linked Insteon devices on or off in response to open/close changes, but all that happened was the ISY status changed – the linked devices stayed in their current state.

I also grounded the I3 and I4 analog inputs to GND and still no change.

Anything else I can try?

Joe

Anonymous

Hi again,

It seems like we’ve covered everything, trouble-shooting wise…assuming you’ve already tried moving the EZIO to different locations in the house to ensure there isn’t just a lot of interference on the powerline between the EZIO and the light switches you linked them to..?

So, if you’d like to send it in for me to look at…go ahead and purchase the out-of-warranty service and send it in – http://simplehomenet.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Upgrade_Repair

Our turn around time is usually no more than one day after we get your EZIO.

Thanks much!

Anonymous

I even plugged the ISY PLM directly into the EZIO to remove possible communication issues, and still no change. Overall, my Insteon network is pretty solid with access points and a number of dual band devices on opposite phases. That, and I have a pretty small house.

Thanks for all your help, and for the repair offer. I’ll send the EZIO in shortly.

Joe

Anonymous

My pleasure Joe,

Will look for your EZIO in the mail!

Anonymous

Hi Justin,

Got the EZIO2X4 back and it works flawlessly now. I couldn’t be more pleased with the product, support, and service! Thank you so much.

With too many companies today when something is out of warranty, it basically needs to go to the trash (such a waste) or is too cost prohibitive to repair. It’s so refershing to find a company that offers resonable and expert repair services, and stands behind their products. Without a doubt, Smartenit will always be my first choice for home automation needs, and fact is, no one else makes more advanced solutions! Outstanding! Thanks again!

Joe

Anonymous

I’m very happy to hear that Joe! Always happy to help keep out customers happy.

Thank you for the kind words and for your loyalty 🙂

Anonymous

Hi Justin,

I’m running into the same problem again with updates only on query, but this time with only with I3 and I4 inputs (I hadn’t attempted to use before).

I have 10,000 ohm resistors across +5V to I3 and +5V to I4 – and when I Ground from I3 or I4 the status only changes when I query ISY. I want to use I3 and I4 as “dry contact” inputs. Any special programming needed from the Smartenit Utility Suite? I did a factory reset with the utility, as well as with the reset button.

What could I be missing?

Joe

Anonymous

Hi Joe,

I’m thinking it might be better to enable the analog inputs with the Smartenit Utility Suite and then set the On>Off and the Off>On trip points for each input.

I’m not sure why the set up you have isn’t working, unless it’s not really seeing the 0-1 volts for the ON command and 2-3 volts for the OFF command.

Let me know how that works.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.