HOME Forums Input/Output EZIOxx EZIO2X4 losing NVRAM settings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi all,

I have 2 EZIO2X4 devices in use on my network here, both of which have analog inputs enabled. For some odd reason, one of the devices seems to be sporadically losing its NVRAM settings, roughly once a week but not on a regular interval. The way I discover this is that AN1 and AN2 stop working as configured and result in false positives to my HA system and thus a page/alarm. If I reprogram the NVRAM, either through the SHN utility or through my own HA system’s equivalent functions, the device goes back to working until the next occurrence. The first time this happened I assumed maybe it was related to a power outage or something but it’s happened twice since then and both times there were no known power issues. Anyone have any thoughts on this, or seen any similar behavior before?

Daniel

Anonymous
    Inactive

-bump-

Happened 2 more times since my last post.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have had SIGNIFICANT issues with this problem. I have over 75 Insteon devices in my automated home and the EZIO2X4 is the ONLY device that continually loses its NVRAM contents. After about 1/2 of the power failures we experience, I have to go back into the EZIO and reset its links and the CMMD1/CMMD2 Insteon messages sent on input transitions.

This has been going on for several years. I just sent my unit back to SmartenIt to have it checked and a new PLM installed.

Hopefully it will make a difference.
    🙄

Anonymous
    Inactive

@gadgetGuy great to hear I am not the only one having this issue.

@Justin I spoke with you a couple weeks ago about this issue, and I switched my EZIO2X4 units as you suggested to see if the problem was unique to one of my units only. Unfortunately it just happened again, on the other unit. I think something is wrong with the firmware or hardware which is causing this… I’ll call you to set up an RMA.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.