EZIO2X4 Link Record Destroyed When Input/Output Group # Sa 2008-02-20T10:41:32+00:00

HOME Forums Input/Output EZIOxx EZIO2X4 Link Record Destroyed When Input/Output Group # Sa

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #39871 |

Linked 2X4 I1/I2/I3 to Keypadlinc Buttons 5/6/7 respectively. Links worked and generated the following link records…
    Link Record 1 – Controller of device: xx.xx.xx Group:1 data 1,9,29
    Link Record 2 – Controller of device: xx.xx.xx Group:2 data 1,9,29
    Link Record 3 – Controller of device: xx.xx.xx Group:3 data 1,9,29
    I1/I2/I3 correctly control the state of the Keypadlinc button LEDs for buttons 5/6/7. I then linked Keypadlinc button 3 (which is group 3 in the Keypadlinc) as the controller for the 2X4 O1 relay. This link worked but resulted in the following link records…
    Link Record 1 – Controller of device: xx.xx.xx Group:1 data 1,9,29
    Link Record 2 – Controller of device: xx.xx.xx Group:2 data 1,9,29
    Link Record 3 – Responder of device: xx.xx.xx Group:3 data 0,0,0
    Link Record 4 – Responder of device: xx.xx.xx Group:3 data 0,0,0
    Link record 3 was changed from a Controller entry for group 3 (I3) to a Responder entry for group 3 (2X4 O1, Keypadlinc button 3). This change eliminated the Controller record necessary for I3 to function. I tried changing the group number for I1/I2/I3, which default to group 1/2/3 respectively to group 9/10/11 before linking I1/I2/I3 but the group numbers were reset back to group 1/2/3 during the linking process. I avoided this problem by making sure the Keypadlinc buttons I assigned as controllers of O1/O2 were higher than the group numbers being used by I1/I2/I3.

The lack of I4 in this example is due to the fact that I have not been able to establish a link to I4, which appears to be unrelated to the input/output group overlap conflict.

The 2X4 was just received this week; the SHN Utility Suite 1.6 displays a firmware level of 2.5 when SHN Utility connects to the 2X4.

Anonymous

Thanks for the detailed description which will help us investigate this more thoroughly.

Al

Anonymous

We are afraid of bearing some bad news. Apparently the latest PLMs have 2 issues directly explaining the behavior you are seeing. Others have reported the same issue with the EZIO8SA that uses the external PLM. Here are the explanations:

1) THE EZIOxx firmware relies on direct control of the LED and disabling the linking request through the pushbutton. Under these conditions, the PLM strangely sets the LED on high and does not follow the commands issued by the host (EZIOxx firmware) when setting 4 taps. It works fine with 1-3 or 5-8 taps. This explains why you can not manually link input #4. We are waiting for a reply from SmartLabs about this issue. The workaround is to set the link electronically using the SHN utility.

2) All SHN devices use the flat memory space from locations 0x00 through location 0xff for various parameters. In absence of early support for extended INSTEON messages, SHN and SmartLabs agreed to use the peek/poke commands for reading and setting these parameters. By setting the MSB of the desired address to 0x00, it was possible to have access to the SHN device parameters without conflict with the PLM internal memory. It appears, however, that the latest PLMs ignore the MSB or have some locations mapped in the low end of memory, creating conflict with the SHN devices. This explains why writing a value to the EZIOxx output timer 1 at memory location 0x00, wiil cause a reset of the PLM (wiping out the links database) on a subsequent power-up. Again we are waiting on SmartLabs to resolve this issue. A workaround is to use extended messages (as done by the EZSrve/EZbridge) but not possible with a PLC. ANother workaround is to set the timers first, then do the linking.

Anonymous

Additional comment regarding solution to 1), using SHN Utility to establish link for I4, the group numbers for any inputs not linked through the SET button have to be set manually using SHN Utility. In my case I4 still did not work, even after using SHN Utility to create a Controller link record for Group 4 in the 2X4 and a Responder link record for Group 4 in the Keypadlinc. I actually created all the Controller link records in the 2X4 using the SHN Utility. I1/I2/I3(AN1) worked because I had established links for these inputs using the SET button in past testing, even though I had deleted all the link records before starting this latest test. Once I set Analog 2 group number to 4 in the 2X4, I4(AN2) worked fine. If you are starting with a 2X4 that has never had SET button links to I1/I2/I3, all inputs will have to have their group number set manually. May also be necessary if you do a Factory Reset of the 2X4 after doing SET button links but I did not try that case after getting all my inputs to work with the Keypadlinc.

Thanks for tracking down the PLM issues. I will do more testing with my EZIO6I as I was not able to establish SET button links to I5 & I6, as well as I4, and the LED did not display the same when attempting I5/I6 SET button links.

Anonymous

I’m experiencing the multi-tap issue as well. Have (4) devices in/going-in for a little tune-up (firmware upgrade). Look forward to seeing how things work, upon their return.

Anonymous

My 2X4’s came back with V25 firmware. No link issues. A V26 level was received by another individual who refreshed after I did. I did not refresh my 6I. Put the 6I where only 4 inputs were needed. I have 3 2X4’s at the V25 level, all are working well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.