EZFlora controls only one valve at a time correct? 2009-05-08T20:17:33+00:00

HOME Forums Irrigation EZFlora EZFlora controls only one valve at a time correct?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    #40160 |

I believe this is the case…just want to check.

In my app when I toggle one sprinkler on and then set another…I don’t get notify that first one was turned off but it is.

I guess I need to send the valveStatus message to ezrain so it notifies me in these cases? Or I can in my app merely assume that if valve1 WAS turned on…I can safely turn off the last valve that was on…thus skipping need for this notify.

Anonymous

Is this true?

I read something else saying control was limited to 4 zones concurrent due to some power supply issues. This may have been older EZRain unit though.

Anonymous

What cmd1 and cmd2 values are being issued by your application to control which valve is On and Off?

EDIT: the Value Status Byte has 3 bits to return the Active valve number. That would suggest that one valve can be active at a time.

Anonymous
        protected void turnOn(InsteonSprinkler device)
    ...snip...
    getProcessor().sendIns(getID(), "0x0F", "0x40", device.getID());
    ...snip...
    }

protected void turnOff(InsteonSprinkler device)
    {
    getProcessor().sendIns(getID(), "0x0F", "0x41", device.getID());
    }
    Anonymous

I think I know where this is leading…can I OR the valves together for cmd2?

There are 8 of them…coincidence? I think not…

I don’t really need this capability…it’s generally more of a strain on your water pressure/effectiveness anyways.

Anonymous

Sorry but I could not determine from your code snippet what the actual hex cmd1 and cmd2 values are being sent. I would like to check the command documentation for the sequence you are using first but I’m pretty sure the answer is no in terms of ORing the value numbers.

Anonymous

device ids are 1-8 corresponding to valve#

Anonymous

If the command for valve ON is 0x40, then the cmd2 value is the valve number 0-7 for values 1-8. Not sure how that squares with your last post that you use values 1-8. Cmd2 for a cmd1 of 0x40 is a number, not a bit pattern. You cannot OR valve numbers.

Anonymous

So… sorry for beating a dead horse but; I have a EZServe controling my EZrain, is it possible to have 2 valves run at once

Anonymous

No. One zone at a time. Turning on zone x turns off zone y if it was on. The number of heads in a given zone are often based on the available flow capacity. Turning on two valves could exceed the water supply capacity. That is not a hard and fast rule as some zones have few heads. I have connected two valves to the same zone when using a RainBird controller years ago but some controllers limit a zone to one valve.

Anonymous

Thank you, very clear! :mrgreen:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.