AnonymousInactiveNovember 8, 2008 at 3:52 pmPost count: 37
I’m running version 1.50 and wanted to upgrade the firmware. I saw the need to save the devices file and then re-upload prior to doing the firmware upgrade. The problem is that when I try to save the devices3.xml file, I get the following error message:
XML Parsing Error: syntax error
Line Number 1, Column 1:v1
How do I get around this???
LeeAnonymousInactiveNovember 8, 2008 at 7:08 pmPost count: 1001
The upgrade process is to Save all the XML files from 1.50, upgrade the image, and then upload the converted devices3.xml file. If you did a “re-upload prior to doing the firmware upgrade” as your post indicates, image 1.50 will not understand the new devices3.xml file format.
If you did not upload the converted devices3.xml file while running 1.50 can you display the devices3.xml file? From the EZSrve Database List window, right click and select Open in New Window. If the devices3.xml file will display, post back the first 4 or 5 lines of the file.
Have you ever been able to Save the devices3.xml file in the past?
Can you Save Target As … the other XML files?
If you are using FireFox, try using IE 7 browser.AnonymousInactiveNovember 9, 2008 at 2:02 amPost count: 37
I cannot SAVE to a FILE any of the files. None, zero, zip, nada. I get this same error. If I cannot SAVE to a FILE, I obviously cannot fix the devices3.xml file prior to the upgrade.
I’m stymied at this point. Version 1.50 seems to have serious problems.
LeeAnonymousInactiveNovember 9, 2008 at 5:25 pmPost count: 1001AnonymousInactiveNovember 16, 2008 at 1:03 amPost count: 37
This is making me crazy…. I click on the gear thingie in the web page that I called up when I accessed the EZServe unit. I think that is SERVER ADMINISTRATION. On the right hand side is the big button in bright orange labeled SAVE!!!! I click on that. It gives me a list of files that I can SAVE. I click on devices3.XML. And then I get this rather uninformative and irritating XML error message that I posted before.
I get the same behavior when using FIREFOX or IE as my browser.
How to I fix this without chopping it up into tiny bits in total frustration.AnonymousInactiveNovember 16, 2008 at 1:27 amPost count: 1001
Clicking on the 4th ICON from the top, left side, of the initial EZSrve screen should take you to a Server Configuration screen. Click on the SAVE TO FILE button which should display a separate popup window with a list of files on the EZSrve. RIGHT click on the file you wish to save and select Save Target as …. option. This displays another popup where you define the location to save the file and an alternate file name if you chose. If you change the name of the file when you save it be sure to rename it to original name before reloading to EZSrve. Post back if this procedure does not work and let me know how far into this sequence you get and what the error is. ThanksAnonymousInactiveNovember 19, 2008 at 12:15 amPost count: 37
I’ve given up on trying to convert the 1.50 release file to the new format. I did finally figure out the SAVE LINK AS approach to saving the files.
I don’t have the option of saving a SCENES.XML file as there are no scenes defined in my 1.50 setup. The conversion program simply crashes with an uninformative windows error message.
I’m just going to reset the unit and go from start again after uploading the new 1.59 firmware. We’ll see how smoothly this goes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.