AnonymousInactiveJuly 25, 2009 at 11:45 pmPost count: 55
I’ve noticed what I think is a bug in the 2.03 firmware that may explain some reboot loops I’ve encountered.
If I change the name of a device or scene using the HTML interface, the name change propagates to action entries in the HTML interface but NOT to the actions.xml file (the name change DOES propagate to the the devices.xml file).
If I reboot the EZSrve with the “out of sync” devices and actions files, the EZSrve gets into a reboot loop, I believe because it is trying to load an action with an effect device that doesn’t exist. For me, recovery from that situation has required reflashing the firmware and a paperclip reset.
If others confirm this behavior, caution would be advised when changing the name of a device used in an action.AnonymousInactiveJuly 26, 2009 at 1:09 amPost count: 1001
Stuart, I can confirm that the Actions and Devices files being out of sync does in fact result in a trap/abend. I got there a different way but the result was the same.
I don’t think EZSrve has logic to automatically update any of the other files (Areas, Scenes, Actions) when you change a Device name. I might be wrong about that but for sure the Actions and Areas xml files are not updated. The display of individual Actions and Areas is updated only because the Device entry those displays are pointing to has changed. If you display the Areas and Actions xml files after changing the Device name, the device name in both of those files is the old name. Not sure they will automatically change the device names everywhere but for sure the abend/trap must be fixed. To easy a trap for the end user to fall into and such a bad result.
If you display the affected Areas and Actions, doing a Save on each one does update the xml file but that has to be done before a Restart is done.
Write it up and pass it on to our friend on the West coast.AnonymousInactiveJuly 26, 2009 at 1:17 amPost count: 55
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.