corrupt file in filesystem – 1.xml 2008-10-31T01:26:07+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve corrupt file in filesystem – 1.xml

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #40078 |

I was trying to delete a scene and the EZServ wasn’t responding after quite a while. I tfinally tried to download. edit. and reupload scenes.xml, but that didn’t work either. I noticed that there’s a new file 1.xml in the database which seems to contain garbled data. I tried downloading the devices3.xml file and then doing a reset of the EZServ, but that just managed to delete my entire config while not cleaning out the 1.xml file. Ever since I noticed the 1.xml file there I haven’t been able to upload ANY xml files to the device, so I was unable to restore the devices3.xml file I had saved, or even download the new smaller devices3.xml file to hand edit the MSB back to 3F for my EZSnsRF which has the larger links database.

So I appear to be totally hosed. My theory is that the filename 1.xml is used as an intermediate file when the EZserv is doing certain operations and this corrupt one is getting in the way, but there seems to be no way to delete it – reset won’t do it. I would suggest that future firmware releases maybe clean out the filesystem when doing a reset to factory settings.

Can anyone suggest a fix to get me operational again?

Anonymous

Your idea is a good one. Long ago when I first started playing with my EZSrve I created 3 files which I have never found a way to get rid of. They don’t cause any problems so my situation may be different but it would be nice to eliminate them. A “Reset” deletes only files that EZSrve is designed around. Unless you have a backup copy somewhere, the Timer, Macro and Zone definitions are lost but the Scene data is now contained in the devices3.xml file. If you can get that file uploaded I think you will get your Scene definitions back. You will have to do a SYNCH DEVICE for EZSrve to get the link data back into EZSrve.

What message, if any, do you get when you try to upload an xml file. The exact wording is important as some of the messages are close in their wording but have different meanings.

There are some directory combinations, with dots (.), with embedded spaces which may be limited to using Firefox, that don’t work with the upload. You can try a very basic directory name; c:/temp/devices3.xml for example and see if you can upload from there. Again, if that does not work what are the exact words in any message.

EDIT: the smaller devices3.xml created during a Reset has none of your individual device definitions. No EZSnsRF device entry to alter.

Anonymous

I didn’t have any scenes or macros I wanted to keep, just the devices3.xml file. When I try to upload the file I don’t get any response at all, I browse to the file c:devices3.xml and press the upload button and nothing more happens, no error or success message after a considerable wait.

Anonymous

If you had not done it already I would suggest a Reset and reload of the image.bin file. At this point you have nothing to lose. If you are not using the IE 7 browser, try IE. There was a post back in the 1.56 time frame where an xml upload would not work with FireFox but that was directory naming related and there was a message. Did you look at the devices3.xml file to see if it looks intact? Starts with the xml version statement and ends with the statement. Only because it is one of those, when all else fails, try unplugging EZSrve for 15-20 seconds.

Unless someone else jumps in with a new idea, an email or call to support seems the next step if nothing above helps.

Anonymous

It worked when I switched to IE from Firefox – that’s another quirk to get used to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.