Compatible with DS10A door/window sensors? 2007-10-06T16:53:29+00:00

HOME Forums Controllers EZX10RF Compatible with DS10A door/window sensors?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #39792 |

I bought the EZX10RF and a dozen DS10A door/window sensors, but I can’t seem to link the two devices. Is the EZX10RF not compatible with the 32 bit security codes sent out by these devices? If not, would it be possible to handle these signals via firmware upgrade?

Anonymous

@isnoop wrote:

I bought the EZX10RF and a dozen DS10A door/window sensors, but I can’t seem to link the two devices. Is the EZX10RF not compatible with the 32 bit security codes sent out by these devices? If not, would it be possible to handle these signals via firmware upgrade?

Any response to this? Is it compatible?

Anonymous

The module does not send X10 signals, so it will not be compatible with the EZX10RF. Sorry, but the sensor requires the security console.

From Smarthome’s Website,
    http://www.smarthome.com/7351.html
    “Please note: this unit does not directly send X10 signals — it must be used with the security console.”

Anonymous

Even X10s standard Tranceivers will not receive the Security Codes from the DS10A.

Anonymous

There is a product out ther called the W800RF32A which receives both. So does the CM15A by X10. I was just curious as to the compatibility of this product as it lets someone use the X10 security products for both security and home automation.

Thanks for the replies.

Anonymous

A future version of the X10RF will handle the security codes. But, so we don’t mislead you, this won’t happen anytime soon given our other priorities.

Anonymous

@simplehome wrote:

A future version of the X10RF will handle the security codes. But, so we don’t mislead you, this won’t happen anytime soon given our other priorities.

Thanks for the reply!

I’m glad to hear that it’s somewhere on the to-do list! =)

Just to give you guys a bit of my perspective: There are gobs of the DS10A sensor out on the market–sometimes for less than $3 each. I can pick them up off the shelf at my local Fry’s. The problem is that there aren’t any reasonable home automation controllers that can read them. For that matter, it’s difficult to get the crappy consoles that X10 originally sold to interpret these signals.

These DS10A are merely contact closure transmitters, which means they can be used with a wide variety of sensors. In my opinion, enabling X10 32 bit wireless detection might just blow the doors off of the Insteon home automation market which is full of people who are ready to DIY in order to save a few bucks or get exactly what they want.

Thanks again! This is a great product.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.