Changes to Absolute Time Condition Require Restart? 2009-12-01T02:18:32+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Changes to Absolute Time Condition Require Restart?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Anonymous
    Post count: 55
    #40230 |

    One thing I noted while testing actions over the weekend is that changes to an absolute time condition didn’t seem to take effect until after a reboot. For example, I would set the condition time a few minutes ahead, save the condition and then save the action and wait. For the most part, the action didn’t get triggered at the appropriate time unless the EZSrve was restarted in between.

    In contrast, changes to effects were updated immediately

    Is this the expected behavior? If so, it would be worth making this clear in the documentation.

    Anonymous
    Post count: 1001

    Not the expected results. I just updated three different Actions six different times each time picking an Absolute= value 2 minutes later than the PC clock was showing. All Actions triggered at the new times. My EZSrve is running about 30 seconds faster than the PC clock so I have to be quick with both Saves but none were missed. You are seeing this on 02.06?

    Anonymous
    Post count: 55

    Thanks for the quick responsee…

    Yes, I’m running 2.06.01.

    Anonymous
    Post count: 1001

    Sounds like the HTML Action update process did the XML update correctly since the Actions work after a restart rebuilds the in memory Action structures from the XML file but did not get the current in memory Action structure updated correctly. I’m tracking a situation where Actions cease to trigger altogether, possibly after some HTML updates have been done. I did not have telnet active when it happened here so I’m in the process of running telnet all the time waiting for the next failure. At this point we don’t know if the Actions failed to trigger or triggered but the Effects did not work correctly.

    Anonymous
    Post count: 55

    OK, Thanks. I don’t recall seeing anything unusual in the telnet trace when I was trying to make the action work, but was more focused on whether the action fired and the device didn’t (rather than the action saving correctly). In one of my logs I see “Cndtn DMA successful” and “Effect DMA successful” during an action update but it was from earlier in my troubleshooting process. I need to go back and explicitly monitor the debug trace when I’m saving a condition change that doesn’t fire. I’ll try to do that tonight.

    Anonymous
    Post count: 55

    I went back to check the debug trace when the action is updated this evening and found a twist on what I thought I’d seen previously. This time, setting the absolute time condition few minutes ahead was appropriately triggered once. If I did it again, the action didn’t fire. I tried a different action with the same result. I restarted the EZSrve and was able to repeat the sequence above. If I set the condition far enough ahead to fire after restart, then the action wouldn’t trigger again if the condition was set ahead. I looked at the trace but didn’t see any errors or anything different.

    No big deal now that I know how mine works… Thanks for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.