Can’t Add Devices By Insteon ID 2008-05-13T15:25:12+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Can’t Add Devices By Insteon ID

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    #39950 |

I saw this discussed in another thread here, but never resolved. I just got my EZServe a few days ago, and have been unable to add any device by ID. Linking by button-pushing works fine. I’m trying to add devices that are active, visible and controllable by HouseLinc.

I follow the steps, EZServe says it is linking, and acts like everything is AOK, but the device never shows up. I’ve tried this both with Firefox 2.0 and IE7, both unsuccessfully.

Any ideas?

Paul

Anonymous

This was a mistake on our part. Currently you can add an I2 device electronically, an I1 device cannot be added electronically at this time. It turns out the majority of devices still being sold are I1.

We will have I1 electronic support in version 1.51. Version 1.50 will be released today, and 1.51 will be coming very shortly after.

Sorry for the delay and the hassle.

Anonymous

I received my EZSrve today and have had some trouble adding devices.

The first two SwitchLinc relays I added worked fine. I used the linking process initiated from the Web interface. The next three devices (1 SwitchLinc Relay and 2 SwitchLinc Dimmers) would not add through either the linking process or by specifying an Insteon address. No errors were shown, but the devices were not added.

All devices were purchased in the last month. Being new to Insteon, I’m not sure what the difference is between I1 and I2.

Upgrading the firmware to 1.43 didn’t help (it arrived with 1.42).

In the end, I got the stubborn devices added using the Simplehomenet Utility Suite. I connected to my EZSrve, loaded up the device_add.xml file, edited it, then sent it. Now I can see and control all the devices.

Are there any issues with the process I used to add devices?

Thanks,
    Alex.

Anonymous

When you added the devices by hand using the xml file, are you able to control them?

Typically, when the push button method does not work, that means there is not good communication between the EZSrve and the Insteon device.

Anonymous

Yes, I am able to control them. The reason I tried adding the devices by hand is that I was able to retrieve status and control them just fine using the utility. I figured that meant communications was working.

But here’s something strange. There is an issue reporting device status for the manually added devices. I clicked the Get Area Status button a couple of times and the page refreshes, but I don’t see the device polling page and progress bar. When I refresh the area containing switches that were added using the Web interface, polling occurs and status is updated correctly.

However, if I select a manually added device and click the On or Off buttons, the lights are controlled correctly.

Any ideas?

Anonymous

I will look into why the devices where not added correctly when you tried the pushbutton method.

The reason polling does not work for the manually added devices is that there is no Insteon link made between the device and the EZSrve.

Can you do the following?

Remove one of the devices you added manually.
    Open up the utility, logon, and go to the EZBridge control page.
    Go to the web page and try to add the device using the pushbutton method.
    Can you copy and send me whatever traffic is seen on the received panel?

Thanks!!

Anonymous

Thank you for your help!!!

I did as you described, removing a device, then attempted to add it again using the pushbutton process. Here’s what came up on the utility:

StLnk
    0X2
    0X64
    0X1
    0X1
    0X6

GetRevisionRevision 01.43

The device did not add successfully. It looked like the process timed out as no error was shown.

Anonymous

The EZSrve is not getting a response back from the device.

Can you tell me what type of device you are trying to add?

Anonymous

It’s a SwitchLinc v2 Dimmer.

Would moving my Access Points around help?

Anonymous

Moving access points may help.

If you have a laptop, you may also want to try being at the dimmer, and while the progress bar is proceeding, hold the button for the entire duration.

Other option is to move the EZSrve closer to the dimmer (maybe the same room) if you have an ethernet port available.

Please note that we are going to add Insteon version 1 electronic linking in version 1.51, so this process will be considerably easier.

Please also feel free to call us directly to work through this.

Anonymous

I was able to add my remaing devices yesterday after making two changes: first, I moved my access point to a different outlet; second, I added an additional SwitchLinc switch, which may have improved communications.

Thanks for all your help!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.