Cannot get geographic location to work 2009-11-03T21:40:41+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Cannot get geographic location to work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #40225 |

I have a recent (10 days) EZSrve and have completely failed to get any of the location service to work, or do anything. The Sunrise/SUnset times are set to ludicrous values and thought they occacionally change they sometimes go negative.

Firmware is 2.05, PLM is 76.

If I put loacation and zipcode (98272) in the appropriate fields, basically nothing happens, if I add the lat/long sometimes the sun times change but the make no sense.

Timezone was correctly set to Pacific and over the weekend correctly unadjusted for summertime.

ANy thought? This is very frustrating.

Anonymous

The FIND LOCATION has stopped working on V1 and V2 images. The assumption at this point is the Google site that EZSrve is currently programmed to use has changed format. Other users who encountered this have been able to enter Latitude and Longitude values which can be determined through various web sites by Zipcode. I searched the Lat/Long values for 98272 with Lat 47.8833 Long -121.8896 as the results. This works for me on the East coast. Be sure to put the minus (-) sign in front of the Longitude value.

Anonymous

Ok thanks. This did work, I swear I had tried it before but I must have got something wrong.

This sort of thing should really be in a support FAQ.

Thanks.

Anonymous

It appears that the screen is cut off on Internet Explorer using 2.06 PLM 76, and not on Firefox. I couldn’t see the Lat. and Long. so I put off the upgrade until I had time to debug today. Any good references on how to make a simple timer on 2.06? I think that will be my next problem.

Anonymous

Running IE8 turn on Compatibility View mode under Tools to get the missing section displayed.

The V2 Operating Guide in the Downloads section describes the sequence for defining Actions. There are also screen captures under ….
    http://simplehomenet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=702#p3831

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.