Cannot get EZFlora to register with EZSrve 2009-03-19T23:35:24+00:00

HOME Forums Irrigation EZFlora Cannot get EZFlora to register with EZSrve

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    #40143 |

Or even use Simplehomenet utility anymore. I can connect to EZBridge but can’t send xml anymore nor can I input EZFlora address into utility and have it found.

I bought an entire batch of insteon lights and some auto-discover and some don’t. This is a bit disappointing as they were all in same shipment…what gives?

I cannot find the EZflora unit and know it’s address….everything worked before I got my new plm/ezbridge reflashed.

Also…your reflashed EZSrve chokes on ‘strong’ passwords. Please fix this.

Anonymous

I also notice a Default_01 device and I have no clue what this is. It isn’t shown in device setup yet magically appears in area mapping.

Is there a way to turn off Device name/status editing when viewing main area screen? It isn’t very standard to provide editing in a monitoring screen. This also ruins UI for my Nokia N800 device which brings up a big soft keyboard every time I select a device to turn on/off.

The refresh is extremely annoying and there is much screen real estate wasted. Couldn’t you use ajax/dhtml?
    Why can’t I click on lightbulb button to turn on/off? Where are the all on/off buttons?

Device mgmt screen is ‘hangy’. Often I have to click tab twice as it hangs on refresh of certain icon images. I have no problem with internet connectivity in general…just EZSrve chokes on page requests occasionally and hangs.

Anonymous

What revision image level is loaded in the EZSrve and the EZBridge? What type of Insteon devices (Insteon lights) will not auto-discover? Are the Insteon devices that will not auto-discover being tested on the same 120v circuit or a different 120v circuit from those that will auto-discover? Do the numbers on the external paper stickers (other than the Insteon address itself) reflect different numbers across those that will auto-discover versus those that will not auto-discover? Can you display the link database of those devices that do not auto-discover? In other words is it a general communication problem with some of the devices or is it limited to auto-discovery?

Can you connect the SHN Utility through the EZSrve and then connnect to EZFlora or neither EZSrve nor EZBridge can connect to the EZFlora?

EDIT: Default_01 is the Scene name assigned to the default Scene used by EZSrve/EZBridge for devices it has created a link to during the Device Add process.

Anonymous

I am able to connect to EzBridge from shn now…I needed password entered which I set on EZSrve after install…my bad there.

I just got reflashed unit back yesterday…unit is in wiring closet at moment and I’m away at moment. It must be latest.

All 4 insteon lights are SwitchLinc 600W dimmers. 2 could be discovered and 2 couldn’t. One that couldn’t be discovered is in same wallgang as one that could.

I moved EzBridge down into closet earlier and replugged in EzFlora. This time (5th time unplugging ezflora) I could link them. But this created like twenty of the following links in EzFlora:

Controller of FF.FF.FF on Unit FF – Data:FF-FF-FF

I’m deleting all but one of them.

Why is link deletion so painful? It takes 60 seconds to delete a link.

I get tons of the following messages (in simplehomenet) when trying to these extra delete ezflora links:

from ID:01.74.39 flags:2B cmd1:2B cmd2:FF
    from ID:01.74.39 flags:2B cmd1:28 cmd2:3F
    from ID:01.74.39 flags:2B cmd1:2B cmd2:2

Anonymous

I notice I don’t seem to have individual zone control as I did with shn software.

How can I still do this?

Also, how can I remove unused zones (5 of them) so UI isn’t so messy?

Anonymous

The Insteon Traffic tab in the SimpleHomeNet Utility Suite is not a generalized Insteon traffic trace. That tab is meant to display commands being issued by the Utility and the response received to those commands. The indicates a message that was received which is not the result of a command issued by the SHN Utility.

Anonymous

Ok, thanks.

But is it possible to address zones individually? I had simple single click for each zone and I don’t see ability to manually control individual zones in webserver ui.

Anonymous

What were you using before where you had single button control of a Zone?

Create a Scene for each Zone you want to control individually. The EZSrve/EZBridge will be the Controller and one of the Zones would be the responder. Assign each Scene to an Area dedicated to Zone control (or as part of an existing Area if that makes more sense). Now the Scenes controlling the Zones will display under the Device View/Control screen when the Area containing the Zone Scenes is selected. Each Scene (Zone) can be selected and controlled using the On/Off Icons. I don’t have an EZFlora but the EZIO2X4 outputs work the same. I created a Scene where my EZSrve is the Controller and the EZIO2X4 output relay 1 is the responder. I select the Scene and use the On and Off Icons on the Device View/Control screen to manually turn On/Off relay 1.

Anonymous

From the Shn utility suite v1.4.

Buttons are in “manual zone control” group. There is a “Run Zone #” for each zone.

Anonymous

Very sorry for brain lapse here…somehow didn’t see ‘manual’ group in web browser for EZSrve ui.

Is it possible to prune out unused valves? This would be nice as many “io boards” like for security alarm systems/etc. let you make unused inputs ‘invisible’ to their keypad or ui. Ooops…guess this is point of creating scene.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.