Adding Remotelincs 2008-02-24T21:28:13+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Adding Remotelincs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #39882 |

I have 2 remotelincs. I see the remotelinc as a device type but it does not appear that you can add one to the device list. Can’t say that this surprises me as these devices don’t seem to have a standard INSTEON address.

Just wondering

Lee

Anonymous

The RemoteLinc should have a standard ID. Mine has a sticker in the Battery Compartment with the 6 digit ID.

Also it normally is in the standby; very low battery use mode and will not respond to any inquiries to it. It has to be in the Linking Mode for any device or software to link or access it. You then have 4 minutes before the RemoteLinc times out and goes back into power saving mode.

Anonymous

Just tried to add it and it did not add. I specified the address that I did find in the battery compartment but it made no difference.

I also see that the keypaddimmerlinc device still shows OTHER as the device type. I added that by using the button press technique from the keypad. I had specified the type but the software must have rejected. that.

When I try to change type, it says that I cannot change the “category” of a device.

Anonymous

The keypad dimmer should have worked – we will investigate.

In regards to the remotelinc, once linked, how do you want it to interface with the EZSrve, given it is a control?
    Are you trying to create links between it and other devices?
    Do you want to control specific events in the EZSrve?
    Are you looking at incorporating it with macros?

Anonymous

I’d want EZServe to be able to see button events from the remotelinc and be able to trigger macros from those events.

I currently have manually linked the buttons on the remotelincs to the devices I actually want to control AND the keypaddimmer with its 8 buttons. This is just so the buttons on the keypaddimmer will light up when I turn on a set of lights with the remotes.

What would also be cool, but I’m not sure that its possible would be that an ON signal sent to a particular button on the remote would trigger whatever actions were actually linked into that remote. I don’t think this sort of thing is supported tho. Ditto the keypad link. I don’t really know what commands to these devices are supported as I have no documentation about them.

Thanks for listening…

Lee

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.