- JimLillMemberJanuary 12, 2014 at 10:25 pmPost count: 8
Here’s what does work:
– zbpserver installed and running on R-Pi
– app.smartenit running under Firefox on my XP Desktop
– R-Pi Gateway appears in app
What doesn’t work
– can’t add X10 devices (it gives them a address but they never show as being there)
– can’t add Insteon device (same as X10
I have no ZigBee stuff
What am I missing?
JimDhawalMemberJanuary 13, 2014 at 1:50 amPost count: 259
What interface have you attached to the raspberry pi?JimLillMemberJanuary 13, 2014 at 10:08 amPost count: 8
I talk to the Pi over its Network interface
USB-> Serial is with a FTDI Dongle
That is then connected to thr ZBPLMJimLillMemberJanuary 13, 2014 at 10:57 amPost count: 8
The devices tried were a variety of X10 lamp and appliance modules, Insteon was a 2634-222 outdoor switch moduleDhawalMemberJanuary 13, 2014 at 5:34 pmPost count: 259JimLillMemberJanuary 14, 2014 at 9:29 pmPost count: 8
Thanks to Dhawal for the off forum help…
Things are now working but I’m not certain what fixed it. I’m sure is was cockpit problems of some kind, but here is some insight.
From the beginning, the Default Area Devices = -1 then after some stumbling around, I deleted zbp.log and started things back up. At that point devices=0 and I was able to add and control them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.