Adding a scene to a wizard 2013-11-26T13:09:14+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways Harmony Gateway Adding a scene to a wizard

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    #40393 |

I have created a number of Areas, Devices, and now Scenes. I have also created a number of Wizards that can (and do) turn off individual devices without any problems.

I am now trying to add a scene to a wizard but can’t see a way to do this as they don’t display in the scroll list. Is there a way to trigger scenes from a Wizard?

Thanks,
    Steve

Anonymous

Hi there Steve,

Adding a scene to a wizard is not currently available. We will try to have that in the next update.

Thanks much!

Anonymous

Ah… Darn it.

I guess I have to be patient. Thanks.
    Steve

Anonymous

Just updated the configuration file. Please restart your App and you should now be able to add Scenes to Effects in a Wizard. Let me know how it goes.

Anonymous

Thanks so much for the fast response. Unfortunately, it appears that my Harmony Gateway needs to be re-started and I am not physically at the home. I will have to resume this effort when I get back. It would be nice if the device would recognize it’s in a “borked” state and would restart itself. Oh well… I knew that this would be a problem if I implemented it this quickly without a lot of testing.

Thanks, and I will let you know once I have tested it out. Have a great holiday.
    Steve

Anonymous

The Harmony Gateway does have restart itself in case of a crash.

We did find a bug with adding the Scene in Wizards. If you choose the wizard to deactivate the scene, it gets Activated instead. We will be releasing updates for both the App and the Harmony Gateway very soon.

Anonymous

I have tested it and the scenes are added to my wizards. So it will be interesting if I get the bug that you mentioned below.

My issue now is that when I add/remove any scenes my Harmony just spins and doesn’t do anything until I unplug it and plug it back in. Interestingly the scene change (add/remove) has taken place it just needs to be restarted for some reason.

Hopefully I can get this figured out soon and feel that it is reliable enough for the rest of the holiday. Thank you.
    Steve

Anonymous

Steve,

When removing scenes, the Gateway can take a long time with i1 devices. We are working on a faster algorithm, I’ll let you know when the update is available.

Anonymous

Please let me know when the update is available. I have confirmed that I have the bug that you mentioned previously. The scene will turn on/off manually however the wizard does not turn it on at the right time (matter of fact, it turns it ON when it should be turning it OFF).

Hopefully this will be available soon. Thanks,
    Steve

Anonymous

We have released the updates and they are available now.

You will have to update the Harmony Gateway firmware(new version is v1.16). Please follow the update procedure.

Please also update the Desktop App from here (make sure you have adobe air installed)

We will update the WebApp, Android and iOS Apps soon.

To get the Scene working in a Wizard, you must delete the wizard and create it again using the updated Desktop App.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.