1.60 Upgrade Problem 2009-02-03T20:41:11+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve 1.60 Upgrade Problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Anonymous
    Post count: 11
    #40133 |

    I upgraded from 1.59 to 1.60, and now none of my Devices are recognized and are STATUS N/A. Trying to add devices yield a message that the device cannot be found.

    I have tried:
    1. Going back to image 1.59 – nothing recognized.
    2. Resetting the device and uploading my files from 1.59- nothing recognized.

    My setup has worked just fine until this upgrade. Any ideas?

    Anonymous
    Post count: 1001

    Have you made any changes to where the device (EZSrve or EZBridge) is plugged into the power line. New surge protector, new UPS, anything like that. Are all the devices defined unable to be controlled from EZSrve/EZBridge or a subset of the devices defined. Check through Device Management the Insteon addresses displayed for a sample of devices that you cannot communicate with to be sure nothing happened to the devices3.xml file that corrupted the device addresses. Not likely since you cannot add a new device but worth checking. Were any unusual/unexpected messages observed during the upload of either the 1.60 image or the restore of the 1.59 image. What facility did you use to load the new images. If you have not already tried this, unplug the EZSrve or the EZBridge PLM, waiting for 30 seconds before restoring power. It sounds like you have lost communication with the powerline. I’ve updated both my EZSrve and EZBridge and at least one user posted back that 1.60 resolved the problem he was having on 1.59 so I don’t think there is a systemic problem with 1.60 itself. Also since 1.59 is no longer working for you now.

    Anonymous
    Post count: 11

    Nothing unusual happened during the upgrade process. I simply unplugged the EZServe as you suggested and this worked fine. This is after doing a reset, rolling back to 1.59, and uploading my files again. I am not going to go back to 1.60. At this point, I will try to wait for 2.0 that releases in Dec. 2008. 🙂

    Thanks for your help, Grif.

    Anonymous
    Post count: 1001

    Sounds like the internal Smarthome PLM locked up for some reason during that process. I loaded 1.60 into an EZSrve and an EZBridge many times during Beta testing and never encountered that problem. Normally it takes simultaneous timer/macro execution for PLM lockup to occur. Unfortunately the image upload, Reset, XML file upload, none of these things can reset a PLM in that condition. Removing power has been the only way I found to resolve the situation. I understand why you want to stay where you are. For the benefit of others following this topic, there should not be any PLM issue associated with moving to 1.60 and it does appear to resolve some of the other PLM message issues.

    Also 1.60 expands to 256 the total number of link records EZSrve supports per device as well as fixing a problem associated with assigning EZSERVE as the Controller of a Scene.

    Glad you are up and running, on whatever image you chose.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.