HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve 1.60 Released – Links per Device increased to 256 and…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

New firmware 1.60 loaded.
    First link attempted with EZIO2x4.
    Simplehomenet utility suite shows v2.0 for EZIO.
    At add device link from EZServer, EZIO has various blinks for a few minutes, but Web interface stays for hours at device addition/deletion in progress.
    EZIO no longer blinking.
    This is first device I’m trying to add after EZServer firmware upgrade and reset.
    Simplehomenet suite shows continuously every few seconds under received traffic, from ID:06.4D.FD flags:2B cmd1:9 cmd2:1 which is the EZIO.
    Advice?
    Go back to previous firmware?

Jeff 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you clarify some of the details. You indicated an upload of 1.60 and “reset” of EZSrve. Did you actually “reset” EZSrve (which clears all the XML files and link database) or just “restart” EZSrve. If you did “reset” EZSrve did you save all the XML files from the earlier image and reload them onto EZSrve after going to 1.60. If the XML files were saved and reloaded, what image level were you on when you saved the XML files. The 2.0 level you indicated represents the EZIO2X4 firmware level, is this the Connected v20 displayed by the EZIOxx tab. The cmd1=9 value you posted is an unusual value. Could this be cmd1=19 or cmd1=29.

To the actual action you are trying to accomplish, is this adding the EZIO2X4 device to EZSrve

This is first device I’m trying to add after EZServer firmware upgrade

or are you adding the EZIO2X4 to a Scene. If adding the EZIO2X4 to a Scene, is this a new Scene, what is the Controller of the Scene, what is/are the responders of the Scene.

The Insteon Traffic tab of the SHN Utility is not a good place to monitor Insteon message flow as the Insteon Traffic tab was designed to monitor the Insteon traffic that the Utility generates and the responses received. After clarifying what you are actually performing under EZSrve, what you need to do is Connect the SHN Utility to EZSrve. Select the EZSrve/EZBridge tab, then select the Control tab. The Data Received window displays the XML commands issued by EZSrve and the responses received. Since there could be a large amount of trace data you can check Enable Logging in lower right corner of the Control tab screen. All the XML traced is recorded in the log.txt file which is located in the SHN Utility install directory.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you are adding an EZIO2X4 device to EZSrve specifying Yes to the “Would You Like To Create An Insteon Link?”, that is not supported at 1.60. This is not a change at 1.60. Previous images did not support this option for an EZIO2X4 device. When adding an EZIO2X4, specify No to the initial question about creating an Insteon link.

If this is not what you posted, please provide the information I previously requested.

Thanks

EDIT: should have included this before. That is what happens when writing a post and watching a football game at the same time. The Device Management “Save” process is in a loop attempting to access the link database of the EZIO2X4. Presumably this change of symptom from previous image levels that displayed a message saying the link could not be created is the result of moving some of the EZSrve V2 Alpha code into 1.60 to increase the number of link records supported. The Device Management “Save” process has never been able to add an EZIO2X4 (and other device types) with a Yes response to the “Would You Like to Create An Insteon Link?” question. That is why the question is there so that devices that cannot be queried can be added to EZSrve by specifying No to the initial question. The loop can be avoided by specifying No to the initial question about creating an Insteon link.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Reset was truely a reset. Wanted to start with a blank slate and not bring along any legacy issues.

I did not save xml files, nor did I try to reload them.

The V20 is what is displayed by the EZIOx tab.
    Since I did a complete reset, this was the inititial attempt to add the EZIO2x4 to the EZServer.
    I have not gotten to scenes yet.

Reading additional edit, begs the question, How do I determine what devices I should anwer no to at the “Add insteon link” question? How do I know what devices can not be queried, and what deivices should be able to be queried?

I ask because I quickly attempted to add back my EZSnsrf Dakota driveway device with the same results documented above for the EZIOxx.

It was my understanding that this firmware release was designed to improve how the EZServe worked with these devices.

EDIT
    Just read new functionality comes with 2.0 firmware. I expected this firmware to be that upgrade. (Hence the reset, not restart)
    Sorry for the confusion on this point.
    Will go back to sleep and await V2.0 firmware before I attempt to use all my devices again.
    EZIO2X4, Two dakota driveway monitors, EZX10Rf, Togglelinks, etc…

Jeff 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I added an ICON switch last night and that worked with the Yes response, as it always has. I maintained my 1.59 configuration when moving to 1.60 so I can’t speak from direct experience about adding many device types 1.60. The only SHN device I tried was the EZIO2X4 you mentioned in your post but I would assume that none of the SHN devices can be added with the Yes option. To delete a device and then add it back I have to remove it from all my Areas, Timers, Macros, and Scenes which is a pain. If you have a question about a specific device I’ll try it here (assuming I have one). From memory I don’t think I’ve been able to add any of my SHN devices using the Yes option to earlier images. That would include the EZIO2X4, EZIO8SA, EZIO6I, EZX10RF, EZSnsRF. There were no new functions added at 1.60 per the release notes. The number of link records supported was expanded to 256, the interface to the PLM (internal and external) was improved to eliminate the PLM error messages that have been seen on earlier images. There was also a fix for adding EZSrve as a controller to a Scene. The support for configuring more of the SHN devices is projected to be available in V2.

Bottom line, I would add devices using the Yes option (except for SHN devices). Only if the loop is encountered switch to the No option. For SHN devices, add with the No option and do a SYNCH EZSERVE to retrieve any active link records from the device if active links exist and do not appear in the link window. Certainly not as convenient as getting an error message and switching to No option but this should be encountered only once when adding the device. I think the improvements to the PLM interface alone warrant staying on 1.60. Also remember that when adding a device the link database content is retrieved to insure the EZSrve link information is in synch with the existing device links. This process can take a while so don’t confuse the time it takes to retrieve all the active links in a device with the loop.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the info and suggestions.

Answering no, and then doing a ezserve sync seems to be working perfect.

Thanks for troubling yourself on my behalf!

Jeff 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry for the confusion adding devices. We are working to enhance this in the next release and to eliminate the question on whether to add a link. We’ll simply attempt to read the device and add the record noting whether we find the device physically or not.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.