Reply To: EZIO8SA not reliably transmitting to ISY-994i 2017-12-21T14:48:35+00:00

HOME Forums Input/Output EZIOxx EZIO8SA not reliably transmitting to ISY-994i Reply To: EZIO8SA not reliably transmitting to ISY-994i

Anonymous

I’m just getting started with Insteon, so I have no idea what a “four tap test” might be.

I started with 2 Access points, and I think I got them on the opposite legs of the house, although the instructions in the box don’t help much (dim, bright, flashing steady red/green – what does it all mean?). The on line instructions are a little better.

Then I got two more Access points that were refurbs, but I’m not sure how to add the 3rd and 4th ones to the system.

I don’t have much else Insteon yet. 2-3 PLMs, one switch, the 8SA and and EZSnSRF. And a bunch of X10 switches.

With X10 I have a diagnostic tool to show me whats going on. But I don’t know how to start with seeing what is going on on the Insteon network.

Moving the ISY closer didn’t help. Eventually I will try putting it on the same power strip as the 8SA. (Yes, a power strip without surge protection). But I have to go to a funeral tomorrow. 🙁