Reply To: Some assistance required with a simple Insteon application 2017-12-25T05:50:27+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Some assistance required with a simple Insteon application Reply To: Some assistance required with a simple Insteon application

Anonymous

Hey Grif

Please forgive the lateness of getting back to you – I wanted to run a few more tests to make sure that I could give you as much information as I can.

OK – here’s where I stand now – the exception thrown is actually not thrown on the Connect method, but rather in the method that I try to read from the EZServeStream. The exception is as follows:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

I have tried the same program running both from my home network, and the more secured network at the office and it always seems to give the same exception. The line of code that is throwing the exception is this:

byte[] results = new byte[8000];
try
{
int len = ezsrveStream.Read(results, 0, 8000);

The final line of the sample causes the exception. Before this, i have used ezsrveStream.Write to send an XML request for the Devices file, so I’mm fairly sure the Insteon switch is there – it just seems to be unable to read from it. I also have everything wrapped in an

if (ezsrveStream.CanRead)

block, which does return true.

So – I guess my problem is that I’m not sure if the error is in my code, or if it is with the configuration of the EZSrve at the clients location – hopefully this gives a few more details as to the nature of my problem – if you need more code samples, or more information let me know and I’ll be happy to provide what I can.

Thanks again for all your help so far.