Reply To: Free Upgrade – Scene/Links Management Fix – [Exp. Aug 2010] 2017-12-21T06:59:52+00:00

HOME Forums General Announcements Free Upgrade – Scene/Links Management Fix – [Exp. Aug 2010] Reply To: Free Upgrade – Scene/Links Management Fix – [Exp. Aug 2010]

Anonymous

The location of the link database in PLMs has been changing over time. The PLMs which support 2000+ links start the link database at 3FFF, the PLMs which support 1000+ links start at 1FFF and some older internal PLMs start at 0FFF. There was no definitive way to query the PLM to determine the link database start address. Products such as PowerHome2 allow the user to specify where the link database starts for each device and the EZSrve uses the MSB= tag to allow the link database start location to be specified. The ISY must not have surfaced a means for the user to specify where the link database starts. SHN is working on a firmware change that will add the link database start location to the Ping command and Product query command so link database start location can be determined by whatever application is interfacing to SHN devices. IMO Smartlabs should have added this capability to the PLM but in absence of that SHN is filling the void for its products. As this is an SHN product specific change I guess the ISY will still have issues with other devices that are using External PLMs. I have ordered an ISY today so I will be able to test specific configurations with the ISY.