Reply To: Getting Insteon Scene to Trigger an Action 2017-12-21T22:59:54+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Getting Insteon Scene to Trigger an Action Reply To: Getting Insteon Scene to Trigger an Action

Anonymous

The “linking” of a KeypadLinc secondary button to the primary button for load control is not done with conventional link records so the SHN Utility cannot be used to establish this. Follow the procedure in the KPL User Guide for this. The relationship is all done with various bits set in the KPL memory, not the link database.

The “local” bright level and ramp rate in effect when the paddle is pressed On is done at the KPL itself. Follow the procedure in the KPL User Guide for this. Basically you set the Bright level and then press the Set button, set the Ramp Rate and press the Set button twice. All of that is from memory and probably wrong and I think it varies depending on whether the KPL is before or after revision 1.5. In theory you can issue Insteon commands to set the various memory locations required to accomplish these settings and then power cycle the KPL to make them active. If these values are established using the procedure described in the KPL User Guide a power cycle is not needed to make them active. The memory map of the KPL varies depending on the revision (last I heard there are 3 different memory maps). This is all considered confidential information which I do not have. Again, follow the procedure in the KPL User Guide that matches the KPL revision level. I think you can configure these “local” values through the Harmony client. The Harmony client is Beta level so this particular capability may or may not be there at present.

A KPL that is responding to a Group command from another controller does not access the “local” bright level and ramp rate information used when the paddle in the responder KPL is pressed. When using the Set button to establish links the bright level and ramp rate in the responder are established first, locked in, then the device is linked as a responder. The bright level and ramp rate that was locked in before the device is linked as a responder is stored in the LD1 and LD2 fields respectively in the “Responder To” link record in the responder device. So, set the LD1 and LD2 values in the “Responder To” link record to whatever values you want. A full Bright level of 100% is LD1=0xFF which is decimal 255. A 90% bright level is LD1=0xE5, decimal 229. This is an approximate value and may have to be adjusted to meet the visual result desired.