Reply To: Issues with EZServe reliability after 2.01 upgrade 2017-12-22T09:55:13+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Issues with EZServe reliability after 2.01 upgrade Reply To: Issues with EZServe reliability after 2.01 upgrade

Anonymous

Did you do the entire EZSrve Reset process again before adding the reset devices? If not, just adding reset devices again would not fix a corrupted xml file. Some of the 1.x images wrote place holder link records during some of the processing. Adding a device with these place holder records can take a very long time because all these place holders have to be read one byte at a time to find the true End Of File link record. I suspect that what you thought was a hang up was EZSrve reading these place holder records. It is only a theory but it does take a very long time to read through those place holders. I have a PLC and run SDM3 with the window open so I can watch the actual Insteon traffic as it flows. Does not speed up the process but I know that EZSrve is still working. Doing a restart during that process could have corrupted the devices xml file. The only way I know to fix it is to Reset EZSrve to erase the xml files and start over.

I would expect the X10 trigger Action to work once the EZSrve is functioning without all these delays in processing. There is a screen capture of an Action and Condition definition using X10 B16 On (2) as a trigger to turn on an Insteon switch that is a working example on my EZSrve. Look toward the middle of page 1 of the following topic for the screen captures. They show both the X10 Condition and the Action Effect.

http://simplehomenet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=638

EDIT: I would run IE8 in Compatibility View mode when running the EZSrve HTML interface.