Reply To: SeymourAV Screen Control w/Insteon & EZIO2x4 2017-12-26T22:43:42+00:00

HOME Forums Input/Output EZIOxx SeymourAV Screen Control w/Insteon & EZIO2x4 Reply To: SeymourAV Screen Control w/Insteon & EZIO2x4

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback. I see now that I was moving it around from outlet to outlet too much because its final position is up in hole in the ceiling where it’s hard to see and thread the wires into the terminal block. But if it’s important to have it plugged in and programmed first, I think I can do that do that blind now.

Sigh, I have more info now and I’m afraid I should have gotten to the level of detail I now have before getting this far…

The 4-wire motors wires are Green (Ground), Red (Power Up direction), Black (Power Down Direction) and White (Neutral)… So I know think that the proper positioning should be:
R1_A – Red (Power Up Direction)
R1_B – White (Neutral) – The single wire from the motor should be split and fed to both relays.
R2_A – Black (Power Down Direction)
R2_B – White (Neutral) – The single wire from the motor should be split and fed to both relays.
GND – Green (Ground)
…does this seem correct?

I now also now know that the screen motor requires continuous power until it reaches it’s pre-configured stopping point which is about 20+ seconds. Which I supposed I can deal with. The standard controller which is often sold with the screen apparently has a two position single relay which supplies continuous power only in one direction. Should I be concerned that someone could press both the up and the down buttons on my wall switch at the same time?

Finally, I also just found out that the motor is rated at 220 watts and 1.8 amps. Does this seem like a show-stopper for the EZIO2x4 which I read is rated at 0.5 amps? 😳