Reply To: Why do I need to refresh? Failures often 2017-12-21T17:46:28+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Why do I need to refresh? Failures often Reply To: Why do I need to refresh? Failures often

Anonymous

The PLM (internal and external) has a Monitor mode that when activated would pass on Insteon message traffic to the application. This feature turned out not to be reliable. It is only an assumption but without a reliable way to independently Monitor powerline traffic the Device View/Control function would not be accurate so it was decided not to implement that function at all.

EZServ/EZBridge Timers and Macros issued by the respective device which turn on/off Insteon devices are reflected in the device status on the Device View/Control screen. Example, a Timer turns on an ICON switch in my case (similar to a SwitchLinc without the variable ramp rate feature). When the Timer fires, the ICON switch is turned on and the device status on the Device View/Control screen indicates the ICON switch is On. A second Timer turns off the ICON switch a few minutes later and the device status on the Device View/Control screen indicates the ICON switch is Off.

I coded a Macro to fire whenever I press the On paddle of the ICON switch. The Macro Action turns on a LampLinc. When I press the ICON On paddle the LampLinc turns On and the Device View/Control screen shows the LampLinc as On. A second Macro fires when I press the ICON Off paddle, with an Action that turns the LampLinc Off. When I press the ICON Off paddle, the LampLinc turns Off and the Device View/Control screen indicates the LampLinc is Off.

For Insteon devices which EZSrve/EZBridge turns On/Off with a Timer, Macro or On/Off Icon press on the Device View/Control screen, the device status reflects that activity. It does not reflect activity it did not initiate unless the REFRESH button is pressed.

For EZSrve/EZBridge to be aware of the ICON paddle press, either On or Off to activate a Macro, the link I described in an earlier post must be present.