Reply To: EZSnsRF/Dakota and EZServe linking 2017-12-21T14:55:56+00:00

HOME Forums Controllers EZSnsRF EZSnsRF/Dakota and EZServe linking Reply To: EZSnsRF/Dakota and EZServe linking

Anonymous

First, my apologies, the Macro facility does not recognize the Unit number of the If Device. I actually tested this variation with a Keypadlinc button 6 (group 06) and it worked. The macro did turn on the Then Device as I expected when I pressed button 6. However, after you questioned the value not staying in the field I checked further and found that any Group number (any button on that Keypadlinc with a link back to EZSrve) also triggers the macro and turns on the Then Device. I’m afraid I got ahead of implemented function. If you only have one Dakota Alert code defined to EZSnsRF, that is both motion sensors are using the same frequency/zone setting, the respective Macro should trigger with the ON/OFF commands coming from the EZSnsRF. However, if you intend to have each motion sensor on its own zone and or frequency, where the EZSnsRF would be using more than one Group number, the EZSrve macro facility will not differentiate between the groups. I pulled one of my Dakota Alert Motion sensors out of storage and will set up that specific test to be sure I can trigger a Macro from the EZSnsRF when the motion sensor activates.

You cannot use the Utility to look at links in the EZSrve link database when the Utility is connected to the powerline through EZSrve. If you have a PLC, connect the Utility through the PLC to look at links in EZSrve link database itself. The EZSrve link database is not the XML files EZSrve manages. The Utility sends Insteon messages on the powerline to a specific device to view the contents of that devices link database. The problem is the address of the Insteon device in this case is the EZSrve itself. EZSrve cannot put an Insteon message on the powerline that requires itself to respond to that same message.

Update: Testing confirms that an EZSrve macro will trigger from an EZSnsRF ON and OFF command resulting from motion detected by a Dakota Alert PIR. I set a 2 minute delay in the OFF macro definition so the device controlled by the macro turns off 2 minutes after the PIR sends the off signal.