Reply To: Can’t seem to link EZIO6I to anything 2017-12-22T04:21:20+00:00

HOME Forums Input/Output EZIOxx Can’t seem to link EZIO6I to anything Reply To: Can’t seem to link EZIO6I to anything

Anonymous

Linking the SwitchLinc to the EZIO6I was only to confirm that a normal device to device link can be established outside of ISY. If you do try the SwitchLinc again, be sure the ISY is not in linking mode.

How many ControLinc type devices were in the group of 50 or so Insteon devices you have successfully linked while in “start linking” mode? None I would assume since ISY has a special ControLinc linking option outside of “start linking” specifically for the ControLinc type device. The special option is needed because the ControLinc does not function as a responder. Not something that would normally be considered when linking an Insteon device since all but a very few Insteon devices are responders.

From the ISY-26 User Guide….

4.2.2 Link a ControLinc
Choose this menu to link a ControlLinc. When the “Link a ControLinc” dialog appears, press and
hold the “Channel 1” button for 10 seconds or until the ControLinc’s light starts flashing. Then
click on the “Ok” button (see Figure 9).

The EZIO6I is like a ControLinc in that it is not a responder. Just as the Smarthome ControLinc cannot be linked under the “start linking” mode, the EZIO6I cannot be linked using “start linking” for the same reason. You can try the “Link a ControLinc” option to see if it will accept an EZIO6I but the device type that is exchanged during a link operation will not be a ControLinc device type so ISY may reject the attempt. Also the ControLinc has 5 channels (inputs) where the EZIO6I has 6 inputs.

EDIT: If you do decide to try and link the EZIO6I to ISY outside the “start linking” mode, suggest you try the “Link a RemoteLinc” linking option rather than the “Link a ControLinc” linking option. It has no more chance of working but if it does work, the 6 buttons on a RemoteLinc matches the number of Inputs on an EZIO6I.

From the ISY-26 User Guide….

4.2.3 RemoteLinc
Choose this menu to link a RemoteLinc. When the “Link a RemoteLinc” dialog appears, press
and hold the “Button 1” button for 10 seconds or till the RemoteLinc’s light starts flashing. Then
click on the “Ok” button (see Figure 10).