Reply To: where do I find what goes in the link data? 2017-12-22T01:15:36+00:00

HOME Forums Software SimpleHomeNet Utility where do I find what goes in the link data? Reply To: where do I find what goes in the link data?

Anonymous

When you said “manually linked the other device”, did you mean using the Set button technique, or writing the link record in both devices using SHN Utility. If you used the Set button technique, what do you see regarding Insteon command flow when the Input changes state?

If you did the linking by writing the link record using the utility, the group number you used in the link record has to be assigned to the respective Input using the “Insteon All-Links Group Commands Settings”. Assigning the group number to the Input is done automatically using the Set button technique but has to be done manually if setting the link up from scratch using the utility.

I did a Set button link for Input 3 (Analog 1) to a Keypadlinc button 4 to give a point of reference for values assigned by the hardware link process. Values from a Read of Analog 1/Alarm under “Insteon All-Links Group Commands Settings”

Group 3
Timer 0
Actuate Output – not checked
Ignore On to Off – not checked
Off to On transition CMD1 0x11 CMD2 0
On to Off transition CMD1 0x13 CMD2 0

A display of the link record in the EXIO2X4 established by the Set button process….

Link Record 1 – Controller of Device: 8.49.E7; Group: 3: Data: 1,9,29

A display of the link record in the Keypadlinc established by the Set button process….

Link Record 1 – Responder to Device: 0C.AE.5F; Group 3; Data: FE,1F,4

The EZIO2X4 address is 0C.AE.5F
The Keypadlinc address is 08.49.E7

EDIT: when setting the Alarm trip point values, be sure to use the 1.75 release (or later of course)

As the Input 3 voltage moves across the Analog trip values, the EZIO2X4 sends an Insteon ON or OFF command, turning ON/OFF the LED for button 4 on the Keypadlinc.