Reply To: SimpleHoneNet Utility Doesn’t 2017-12-22T22:20:14+00:00

HOME Forums Software SimpleHomeNet Utility SimpleHoneNet Utility Doesn’t Reply To: SimpleHoneNet Utility Doesn’t

kenburkhalter

Paul – that was the key. All worked fine without a hitch. I discovered quickly that I need a Help Guide to know what all the settings are! Is there a User Guide that I can download from somewhere (I haven’t found one yet?)

Also the Utility reinforced my suspicions that I don’t think my EZIO8T unit is working!

I was unable to (manually) link the EZIO8T to any Insteon devices yesterday (that’s why I talked with Al). Part of the probllem was your web site documentation for the Quickstart Guide is wrong, but even after doing a factory reset and following Al’s instructions I was still unable to link anything or even to get the EZIO8T’s LED to blink as it is apparently supposed to.

Now with the Utility installed and the EZIOxx Tab open and the “EZIOxx Insteon ID” entered in the data field and the proper device type (EZIO8T) selected, I see a “Not Connected” mesage under the ID Field label. I assume that message is a real-time message that is updated as soon as the ID field is tabbed out of. I could see no other way to force a message update.

I can read and write the PLC OK, as I set and read back time and lat/long values.

Any suggestions? Should I ask SmartHome to replace this EZIO8T unit?