Reply To: Lost net config and can’t re-connect 2017-12-21T23:11:51+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Lost net config and can’t re-connect Reply To: Lost net config and can’t re-connect

Anonymous

Is there a way we can use the MAC address to telnet to the EZbridge to reset the IP address ?

I don’t know. For some networked devices, a way to remotely set an IP address was to force an arp entry on your box (something like “arp -s {desired IP address} {target’s MAC addr}”) and then ping it. The ping would be sent directly to the device, which’d see that, and automatically reset its IP address to that of the ping.

I tried that, and similar other approaches, with the EZServe, with no luck. I’ll bring my work laptop home tonight and try hitting it directly, with a crossover cable, to avoid any network switch-induced issues, but I’m not too confident of success…

** Additional Note **

I’ve found a writeup for some NetSilicon hardware, that says the “default” IP for that particular unit was 192.168.1.24. I’m pretty sure I’d’ve scanned that IP, but it’s possible I missed it (especially since I’ve got a box at 1.26, so I might have confused the two). Anyway, I’m not even sure if it’s the same hardware, but it might be worth a shot trying to connect to that IP address. (be sure your host machine is on the same hub as the bridge and set to something else in the 192.168.1.0 subnet). Somehow, I don’t think this’ll help, but I figured I’d throw it out there in case someone could check during the day.