Reply To: Can not log on to EZserve GUI from virtual IP 2017-12-22T04:13:59+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Can not log on to EZserve GUI from virtual IP Reply To: Can not log on to EZserve GUI from virtual IP

Hi Don,

I don’t have a before/after comparison to benchmark my experience against like you do, but when my EZBridge came back as an EZServe last night in tha mail, all I litterally did was plug it back in. I haven’t changed anything beyond what was in there from the factory. I’m still using DHCP, but told my router (it assigns IP addresses on my network) to always assign a fixed IP address to the EZServe’s MAC address.

My setup sort of looks like this:

public IP: 111.222.333.444 (just an example – not a real address)
EZServe static IP:

On the EZServe web GUI, the port (by default) for http activity is port 80.

Most ISP’s block incoming port 80 (or, you may already have another service running on your public IP’s port 80) so let’s say we want to use another port, 8898 (this can be any valid unused/unblocked port on your public IP’s address).

So, what we would do is map 111.222.333.444 port 8898 to port 80 in our router – typically via the router’s GUI.

Now, when you want to get to the EZServe’s web GUI from outside your local network, just type the following in the address bar of your browser:

and you should at this pont see the usual user/password dialog.

So, to answer your question, yes, I do get the same user/password dialog, and although it doesn’t really matter as long as it’s unused/unblocked, I used port 8898. I also did not change anything in the EZServe as far as IP addresses either (although I did get the same effect as a static IP by forcing my router to pass a fixed IP to the EZServe when it makes a DHCP request).

Hope my ramblings help and not confuse…