Reply To: Stop input status changed messages on the EZIO2x4 ? 2017-12-21T15:11:16+00:00

HOME Forums Input/Output EZIOxx Stop input status changed messages on the EZIO2x4 ? Reply To: Stop input status changed messages on the EZIO2x4 ?

Anonymous

@asw24b wrote:

@RatRanch wrote:

@asw24b wrote:

I have a set up where I am trying to only use 1 output port of the 2×4; I don’t need to read the inputs.

Unfortunately, I get a constant stream of input status changed messages for I3 and I4.

Received INSTEON “IO2x4 in Hall Closet” inputs status changed: 0, 0, 0, 1
Received INSTEON “IO2x4 in Hall Closet” inputs status changed: 0, 0, 0, 0
Received INSTEON “IO2x4 in Hall Closet” inputs status changed: 0, 0, 1, 0
Received INSTEON “IO2x4 in Hall Closet” inputs status changed: 0, 0, 1, 1
Received INSTEON “IO2x4 in Hall Closet” inputs status changed: 0, 0, 0, 0
Received INSTEON “IO2x4 in Hall Closet” inputs status changed: 0, 0, 1, 0
Received INSTEON “IO2x4 in Hall Closet” inputs status changed: 0, 0, 1, 1

I tried connecting I3 and I4 to GND, but it still happens… is there some relevant info missing from the quick start guide ?

Thanks.
Mike

I get the same symptom. Tying I3 and I4 to ground does not prevent the inputs from cycling on/off and sending status change announcements. However, if I connect the inputs to +5V with a pullup resistor, the inputs stay on and the status broadcasts stop. Do I have a defective unit or am I missing something?

-Jim

It’s not defective; That’s what you need to do.

ASW – thanks for confirming that my EZIO is behaving “normally”. However, I’m still left wondering why the device would work this way. Isn’t it a serious design flaw if a lack of voltage at I3/I4 causes the device to report alternating on/off status?

-Jim