There’s nothing like a cool dip in the pool on a hot day. While the water might be relaxing, realizing how much energy the pool pump uses can sure give you a migraine. Using Smartenit’s automation technology you can remotely monitor and control your pool pump, running it when you want to run it.
|Use one of these as the “brains” of your system, organizing and facilitating all the devices on your network.|
A Wireless Pool Controller
|This controller will help you remotely control and track the energy consumption of your pool pump.|
A Range Extender
|These simple to install extenders will increase the range and reliability of your automation network. They are ideal to help communicate with remotely installed devices, like a pool controller.|
The iSmartenit App
|The free interface that allows you to control, monitor and schedule your pool pump all from your phone, tablet, or computer.|
Get a Kit!
|This kit comes with your choice of Gateway, our wireless pool controller, and a range extender. It’s the perfect place to start your automation system. Bundle and save!|
More detailed instructions on how to discover your Gateway, add devices, and setup Wizards can be found in our Wiki
Step 1: Create an iSmartenit Account and Install Your Gateway
- Creating an Account will allow you to use our free Cloud capability to quickly connect to your personal gateways from any phone, tablet or computer
- Follow your Gateway’s Quick Start Guide instructions to connect your model to your network and then power the Gateway
- After physical installation, you can use the “Discover Gateways” functionality to find the Gateway on your network, making connection easy and getting you automating sooner!
- Your Gateway’s password defaults to “Smartenit”. Make sure to change it and create a Security PIN in your Security Settings. Your PIN secures your Gateway’s settings and also protects security elements like door locks.
- After this quick set up, connecting is a matter of just pressing a single button on iSmartenit
Step 2: Install and Add Your Pool Controller
- Through the iSmartenit app, put your Gateway in discovery mode
- Install your ZBMLC30, following wiring instructions found in your Quick Start Guide
- Power your ZBMLC30 while simultaneously pressing the Set button. The LED button will begin to flash rapidly and slow to a steady rate once it is joined
- Your new ZBMLC30 will show up in the iSmartenit app
Step 3: Create Your Pool Pump Schedule
- Use iSmartenit’s Wizard’s module to set up your pool control system
- You will set up your pump’s Start Time as a Fixed Time Condition
- Add one Effect that sets your ZBMLC30 to the desired level
- Add a second Effect that turns off your ZBMLC30. Determine the total run-time by setting a delay on this Effect. In this example, we set our delay for 2 hours, so our pump will run for 2 hours
- If you want, you can set different start and/or runtimes for each day. Simply create different Condition/Effect pairs with the desired Days selected